Advancements in technology has changed alot over the years. One of the most paradigm changes is the way companies are reaching their customers through marketing. Online marketing for local business has become easier and more competitive through the use of per per click advertising such as Google Adwords. All businesses – whether small local business or national corporations are going digital due to it’s effectiveness and scalability making it a less expensive option.
Google Adwords is an online advertising service rendered by Google to add your business to the search engine results page (SERP) based on Keywords that your customers may enter into google to find products like yours. Adwords is cost effective due to the fact that business owners only have to pay for the advertising services when people click on the ad.
Below are answers to frequently asked questions that you may be curious about as well.
Are You Customers Using Search Engine Results to Make Buying Decision?
Yes. As a matter of fact, the following statistics will unveil how often customers use search engine in their daily buying routine.
1. According to WebVisible survey, 86% of consumers use the internet to find local business
2. Also, the same survey unveils that 79% of consumer prefer finding information about local merchants via search.
3. Bright Local Survey shows that 29% of consumers search for local businesses once every week.
This statistics is not an indication that you should use Adwords; rather it takes us to the next question.
Why Should I use Google Adwords for my business?
Yes, there are other search engines like Bing and Yahoo, but Google is outstanding in popularity and market share. Just check the statistics as they speak for themselves.
4. According to netmarketshare.com, about 71% of the search market belongs to Google.
5. As of today, the largest online display advertising networks in the world belongs to Google (comScore)
6. According to Google benchmark and insight, Google display campaigns reach about 80% of global internet users.
7. 155% of customers exposed to display ads are more likely to search for brand – and segment specific terms (Specific media)
8. Most importantly, about 97% of Google total revenues come from advertising. This was related by Google investment relations.
Surprising? Google Adwords is one of Googles most popular tools for business.
Why not just invest in SEO?
Google Adwords should be a part of your digital marketing strategy and will boost your SEO efforts.
9. According to Google research team, about 89% of traffic generated by search ads is not replaced by organic clicks when ads stop working.
10. For search queries with high commercial intents, the top 3 ads spot take about 40% of the clicks on the page (The war on Free Clicks – Wordstreams).
11. About 98% of searchers always choose businesses on the first page of the search result. This is every business owners should work on ranking of their website so as to be featured on the first page ranking of Google search result.
Does Google Adwords Campaigns really work?
With proper management the returns will be massive as indicated in the following statistics.
12. According to Google Economic Impact report, Businesses make an average of $2 for every $1 they spent on AdWords
13. The results businesses are getting from Google Adwords are massive. This is why about 72% of AdWords marketers intend increasing their PPC budgets (Search Engine Watch).
14. According to Expandedramblings.com, about 70% of mobile searchers contact business directly from Google search.
15. 70% of mobile searches lead to action that is being taken within an hour(Mediative Labs)
When Google Google Adwords is set up correctly, properly managed, with a good bid strategy , your return could be massive.
Safiya Collymore is the founder of Collymore Marketing and Consulting LLC., a Philadelphia Pennsylvania based Hybrid Marketing firm which specializes in marrying content with design through data driven solutions. Learn More